Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Place rolls on a baking sheet; brush cut sides with garlic butter. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine beef and broth; heat through. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls. Serve sandwiches with remaining broth for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 664 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 1885mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches
"Easy, quick & delicious. Great for lunch or dinner. I also used sliced cheddar cheese."
"These French Dip sandwiches are delicious!I love that they are on Ciabatta rolls. A keeper in my house!"
"Delish and simple to make. My kids, who are very picky, love this with some fries. :)"
"Fast and delicious! What more can you ask for. Thanks for the reipe."
"My whole family loved this recipe. It was very tasty and super easy to prepare. The only change I made was to use cheddar cheese slices in place of the shredded cheese. A slice of cheese fit the ciabatta roll perfectly. These sandwiches along with some coleslaw and you have a wonderful and quick weeknight meal."
"Can't wait to have them again!"
"This has been a special favorite for years. I, too, add grilled onions -- I thought that it was my own original idea. Now I think that great minds think alike. Next time I'll try adding pepper strips -- hadn't considered that before but it sounds wonderful."
"Very good, easy sandwiches. I added carmelized onions, which added a lot of flavor. Will definitely make again."
"We love it, couldn't find ciabatta rolls, Substituted bakery sub roll, was good, next time I am going to try bakery onion buns see how they work."
"Excellent and easy"
"So easy and sooo delicious!"
"Garlic butter brushed on the rolls, then broiled makes this one over the top good. I also sauteed onion slices and sweet red pepper sticks to top off the beef. Love it!!!"
"My family just went nuts for this recipe! They couldn't believe that it was so simple to put it together."
"to much sodium and very high in carb. but that can be fix."
"very very good"