Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches
The idea for this sandwich came from a restaurant who serves their sandwich on garlic bread. This sandwich takes no time at all to put together.— Holly Szwej, Bridgeport, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet; brush cut sides with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or
- until cheese is melted.
- In a large saucepan, combine beef and broth; heat through. Using
- tongs or a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls. Serve sandwiches with
- remaining broth for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich with 1/3 cup broth equals 664 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,885 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.