"This cheesy blend, sparked with mustard and Worcestershire sauce, is yummy," relates field editor Norene Wright of Manilla, Indiana.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and or broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cheddar Fondue in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p18
Reviews for Cheddar Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review