- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and or broccoli florets
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, mustard, pepper and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Cheddar Fondue
Sort By :
This is the first recipe we made in our new electric fondue pot. We bought a high quality cheese and bread for dipping. Wonderful!
It was a little bland for me. I think I will try a different recipe...
Good recipe, not amazing though. Was too thick - I had to thin it quite a bit with milk. Wouldn't say it was 20 servings, would need quite a bit more than that if you even had 6 people!
not stringy, not greasy. very tasty!!
I am Suzette March from Las Vegas, Nv. I was so excited to try you Cheddar Fondue Recipe and all my neighbors loved it. I plan to make it for Halloween and Christmas. Again, thankyou, I remain.