I work full-time and don't get to spend as much time in the kitchen as I'd like. So I often make an entire meal from scratch on Sunday. This tantalizing bread is usually on the menu.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter,
- sugar and salt. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.