Bakers of any skill level can make these savory biscuits because there's no rolling and cutting. The heavenly biscuits are filled with the fabulous flavor of cheese, butter and garlic.—Marlana Barousse, Carriere, Mississippi
- 1-1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- OIL MIXTURE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream and cheese just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/8 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush half of oil mixture over biscuits.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining oil mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Drop Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p222
Reviews for Cheddar Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review