Cheddar Dog Treats
Any pampered pup will be lucky to fetch these goodies for Christmas. The yummy strips are made with real cheese, which most dogs can’t resist.Lydia Driscoll, Milwaukee, WI
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cheese. Stir in butter until
- combined. Gradually add milk just until moistened. Turn onto a
- lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle; cut into 3-in. x 1-in.
- strips. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15
- minutes or until golden brown. Let stand in the oven with the door
- slightly open until cooled completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3 dozen.