Cheddar Dill Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins aren't sweet...that's one of the reasons I like this recipe. I serve them with soups and stews, just like bread. Cooking for family and friends is something I truly enjoy doing - it relaxes me. My husband and I have two children - a daughter, 4, and a son, 2. -Bernadette Colvin, Houston, Texas
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups almost full. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo muffins or 12 standard-size muffins.
1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Cheddar Dill Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC