Cheddar Dill Muffins
Meet the Cook: Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins aren't sweet...that's one of the reasons I like this recipe. I serve them with soups and stews, just like bread.
Cooking for family and friends is something I truly enjoy doing - it relaxes me. My husband and I have two children - a daughter, 4, and a son, 2.
-Bernadette Colvin, Houston, Texas
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine milk,
- eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups almost full. Bake at 400°
- for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes
- before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo
- muffins or 12 standard-size muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.