Cheddar Dill Muffins Recipe
Meet the Cook: Unlike many other baked goods, these muffins aren't sweet...that's one of the reasons I like this recipe. I serve them with soups and stews, just like bread. Cooking for family and friends is something I truly enjoy doing - it relaxes me. My husband and I have two children - a daughter, 4, and a son, 2. -Bernadette Colvin, Houston, Texas
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups almost full. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo muffins or 12 standard-size muffins.
Originally published as Cheddar Dill Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p33
Reviews for Cheddar Dill Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review