"With soup and salad, this savory cheese bread sparked with dill makes a terrific meal," assesses Karen Gardiner of Eutaw, Alabama.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until
- crumbly; stir in the cheese and dill. In a small bowl, beat egg and
- milk; pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- (Batter will be very thick.) Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.