Cheddar Dill Biscuits
“My husband and I try to eat in a healthful way, decreasing fat and calories wherever possible," writes Carol Braly of South Fork, Colorado. "These homemade biscuits are one of our favorite weekend breakfasts.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine buttermilk and egg
- substitute; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 3/4-in.
- thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for
- 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,