Cheddar Dill Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine buttermilk and egg substitute; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 biscuit equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheddar Dill Biscuits
"I make these once or twice a month. My family loves these biscuits with soup or stew. Very hearty and comforting!"