Cheddar-Curry Cheese Straws with Fresh Chives Recipe
This is a classic Southern cheese straw recipe with an delightful twist. The addition of curry powder and fresh chives gives it a wonderful taste.—Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely snipped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and curry powder. Add butter and combine with fingers until it resembles a course meal. Add chives and cheeses. Work dough with fingertips until smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll out 1/2 of dough on a lightly floured work surface until 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut strips 1/4 inch wide and 5 inches long. Place strips on large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Cool and transfer to plate. Repeat process with second half of dough. Serve warm.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC