This is a classic Southern cheese straw recipe with an delightful twist. The addition of curry powder and fresh chives gives it a wonderful taste.—Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely snipped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and curry powder. Add butter and combine with fingers until it resembles a course meal. Add chives and cheeses. Work dough with fingertips until smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll out 1/2 of dough on a lightly floured work surface until 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut strips 1/4 inch wide and 5 inches long. Place strips on large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Cool and transfer to plate. Repeat process with second half of dough. Serve warm.
Originally published as Chive & Curry Cheese Straws in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar-Curry Cheese Straws with Fresh Chives
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review