- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5 turkey hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line nine muffin cups with foil liners or grease nine nonstick muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine muffin mix, milk and egg; stir in hot dogs, cheese and, if desired, jalapeno. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
Bake 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, microwave each muffin on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 9 muffins
Reviews for Cheddar Corn Dog Muffins
"Husband and grandchildren loved these. Next time definitely need to make enough to freeze - they disappeared quickly!!"
"Made a great quick and easy lunch . Even hubby liked them!"
"My kids LOVE corn dogs so I made the kid-friendly version (no jalape?os) and it was a hit...even with my notoriously picky son!I used Jiffy brand corn bread/muffin mix which has a very subtle sweetness to it. The finished product may have a different flavor with a different brand mix.This a was an incredibly easy recipe using ingredients I just about always have on-hand. It will be perfect for a busy school night and is guaranteed to become part of our regular meal plan!"
"I absolutely loved the concept...kid friendly, fast, easy recipe. But my kiddos weren't fans, and husband didn't rave. I am sure others will get a kick out of it though, and it's a fun twist on a fair favorite."
"These were amazing! I made these specifically for my son thinking he would enjoy them. He did but my husband enjoy them more than anybody else. We had no leftovers! I will be tripling the batch next time so I can freeze some."