Skip standard bake-and-serve dinner rolls this year and try my fast-to-fix biscuits studded with cheddar and corn. It's almost impossible to resist eating one right from the oven! —Susan Braun, Swift Current, Saskatchewan
Featured In: March Madness Party Appetizers
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, mustard and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add corn, cheese and eggs; stir just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; brush with milk. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Originally published as Cheddar Corn Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p102
Reviews for Cheddar Corn Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review