"These savory muffins have been a favorite since I made the first batch several years ago," reports Donna Royer of Largo, Florida. "I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, so they're easy to mix up at the last minute. They're great with dinner."
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in the egg, oil and cheese. Combine the flour, sugar, chives, parsley, baking powder and salt; stir into potato mixture just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Chive Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p39
Reviews for Cheddar Chive Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review