Cheddar Chili Burgers
Savory chili and french-fried onions are a fun alternative to traditional burger toppings like ketchup and mustard. Melted cheddar cheese is the creamy crowning touch.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Shape into four
- patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place burgers on bun
- bottoms; top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 584 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,081 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.