Savory chili and french-fried onions are a fun alternative to traditional burger toppings like ketchup and mustard. Melted cheddar cheese is the creamy crowning touch.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Shape into four patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place burgers on bun bottoms; top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p9
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheddar Chili Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2014
"Fun and different way to eat a burger!!"
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"very flavorful and fun way to dress up a burger"