Big, bold chili and french-fried onions are a fun alternative to the classic burger fixings of ketchup and mustard. The patties are easy to assemble, making this a great weeknight sandwich. —Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
Featured In: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chili powder. Shape into four patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place burgers on bun bottoms; top with chili, cheese and onions. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p9
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheddar Chili Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2014
"Fun and different way to eat a burger!!"
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"very flavorful and fun way to dress up a burger"