- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets; stir in the water, one egg, cheddar cheese and chilies. Turn onto a floured surface; knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide into thirds. Shape each into a 14-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Cheddar Chili Braid in Best of Country Breads 2000, p107
Reviews for Cheddar Chili Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2015
"Great with a pot of homemade soup or chili....Delicious!!!!"