Cheddar Chicken Spirals Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and basil. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and 1 cup cheese. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 633 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Spirals
"This really is great! Very easy to make. I didn't have quite enough cheddar cheese so I used a mixed blend I had as well (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan and romano cheeses). I think the combination of all the cheeses made it even better. This time I cooked some fresh carrots in the same water as the pasta and added those as well since I didn't have as many frozen vegetables as I wanted. I usually put this together and then stick it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. It's delicious!"
"Super yummy meal! I did however use canned veggies, parsley instead of basil b/c I was out, & cut up sliced cheese since we were also out of shredded.. A dash of Parmesan oh & shredded chicken thighs. Came out better than expected super fast & simple.. Also did decided 2 bake it til heated thru"
"This was a hit in our house, too. And so easy."
"Fixed it tonight for supper... IT IS A HUGE HIT!!! I can't believe how easy and inexpensive it is. It has all of my daughters' favorites, not to mention quick and almost a one-dish! So it will definetly be a keeper in this house!! Thanks again for another easy and great recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.