Cheddar Chicken Spirals Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and basil. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and 1 cup cheese. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 633 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Spirals
"This really is great! Very easy to make. I didn't have quite enough cheddar cheese so I used a mixed blend I had as well (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan and romano cheeses). I think the combination of all the cheeses made it even better. This time I cooked some fresh carrots in the same water as the pasta and added those as well since I didn't have as many frozen vegetables as I wanted. I usually put this together and then stick it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. It's delicious!"
"Super yummy meal! I did however use canned veggies, parsley instead of basil b/c I was out, & cut up sliced cheese since we were also out of shredded.. A dash of Parmesan oh & shredded chicken thighs. Came out better than expected super fast & simple.. Also did decided 2 bake it til heated thru"
"This was a hit in our house, too. And so easy."
"Fixed it tonight for supper... IT IS A HUGE HIT!!! I can't believe how easy and inexpensive it is. It has all of my daughters' favorites, not to mention quick and almost a one-dish! So it will definetly be a keeper in this house!! Thanks again for another easy and great recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.