Cheddar Chicken Spirals
My granddaughters just love this chicken dish. I try to make it every time they come to visit. Lucky for me, it goes together quick as a wink in the microwave.Miriam Christophel, Battle Creek, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and basil. Stir in the
- vegetables, chicken and 1 cup cheese. Drain pasta; stir into
- vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or
- until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5
- minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 633 calories, 39 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as