My granddaughters just love this chicken dish. I try to make it every time they come to visit. Lucky for me, it goes together quick as a wink in the microwave.—Miriam Christophel, Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, salt and basil. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and 1 cup cheese. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Chicken Spirals in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p137
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review