Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti
I actually created this chicken spaghetti recipe out of desperation. My son Charlie was a picky eater when he was young, so I put together some of the things he likes. To this day, he says it's his favorite dish! —Ann Robinson, Dauphin Island, Alabama
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, pimientos if
- desired, salt and pepper. Drain spaghetti; add to the chicken
- mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the
- remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.