Kathy Scott, Hemingford, Nebraska, adds a few ingredients to condensed cream of chicken soup for this rich creamy concoction. "It's a wonderful side dish or main course," she relates.
Featured In: 30 Soup Recipes to Make This Winter
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p15
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2012
"Quick and easy!"
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2009
"Yummy! I added 1 cup chopped chicken, some corn, peas, and rice. I also added a little bit more water since I added the rice. Quick and easy and really great on a cold night."