Kathy Scott, Hemingford, Nebraska, adds a few ingredients to condensed cream of chicken soup for this rich creamy concoction. "It's a wonderful side dish or main course," she relates.
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute carrot and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p15
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review