Cheddar Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter in flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the water, mixing gently with a fork. Gather into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, Place broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk; stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Spoon into a 10-in. (2-1/2 to 3-qt.) casserole. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to fit top of casserole, trimming edges as necessary. Place on casserole over filling; seal edges. Make several slits in center of crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Chicken Potpie(32)
Sort By :
I have shared this with all of my friends! Add peas, beans or cauliflower! YUM I am not very good at crust so I used crescent rolls instead.
Have made this pot pie twice now. Once with leftover cooked pork and once with chicken. It was very good. The only thing different I had to do was add a couple more tablespoons of water to the pastry. It would not stick together with just 3 tbsp. Also, I used only 1 cup of milk and added a 1/2 cup of broth to make 1 1/2 c. This made a 9 x13 dish full. Delicious!!!
Best pot pie recipe. The cheese is not overpowering, but just gives a boost of flavor where some pot pies are kind of blah. I used a pre-made pie crust and it was great.
My family loved this recipe..so perfect for a cold night, comfort food at its finest! We loved the crust & creamy cheesey sauce!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >