Cheddar Chicken Pie Recipe
This speedy main dish from Betty Pierce of Slaterville Springs, New York uses handy biscuit mix, so there's no need to fuss with a crust. "Just add fruit salad and crusty hot bread for a delicious meal," she suggests.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, broccoli, chicken and onion; spread into a greased 10-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture (do not stir).
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC