Cheddar Chicken Mostaccioli Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the soups, milk, mushrooms, pimientos, olives, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Add the chicken, mostaccioli, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and the Swiss cheese; toss to mix.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. Freeze reserved cheese in separate freezer container. To use, partially thaw casserole and reserved cheese in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving equals 473 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,225 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.