Cheddar Cheese Toasties
WE were dairy farmers for years, so we all enjoyed a hearty breakfast after morning milking. Having a bit of cheese satisfies the appetite and helps hold you over until the next meal.
Since I always had a lot of cheddar cheese on hand, I used it in many of my recipes.
-Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash each garlic powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, cream and
- seasonings. Spread over toast.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at
- 350° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.