WE were dairy farmers for years, so we all enjoyed a hearty breakfast after morning milking. Having a bit of cheese satisfies the appetite and helps hold you over until the next meal. Since I always had a lot of cheddar cheese on hand, I used it in many of my recipes. -Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash each garlic powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, cream and seasonings. Spread over toast.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Cheese Toasties in Reminisce Extra October 1999, p47
Reviews for Cheddar Cheese Toasties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012
"Very good! Nice with tomato soup. I used emmental instead of cheddar but it didn't melt as well as cheddar or gouda would've....Next time!"