Cheddar Cheese Toasties Recipe
WE were dairy farmers for years, so we all enjoyed a hearty breakfast after morning milking. Having a bit of cheese satisfies the appetite and helps hold you over until the next meal. Since I always had a lot of cheddar cheese on hand, I used it in many of my recipes. -Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash each garlic powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, cream and seasonings. Spread over toast.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Cheese Toasties in Reminisce Extra October 1999, p47
Reviews for Cheddar Cheese Toasties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2012
Very good! Nice with tomato soup. I used emmental instead of cheddar but it didn't melt as well as cheddar or gouda would've....
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Recipes for Two >
- Appetizers >
- Appetizers for Two >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >