Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, thyme, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes
"These potatoes were very tasty. Thinking about even replacing my unhealthy twice baked potatoes with this recipe!"