Cheddar Cheese Carrot
If you "carrot" all about serving up a good time for your guests, plant this playful appetizer on your party menu. I make this for parties, and it catches everyone's eye.—Pam Goodlet, Washington Island, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Fresh parsley springs
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, peanuts, onion and dill; mix well.
- On a serving platter, shape mixture into an 8-in. log, tapering one
- end to form a carrot shape. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until serving.
- Place parsley at wide end for carrot top. Serve with crackers. Yield:
- 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 95 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.