Cheddar Casserole Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, mayonnaise and egg. Stir into dry just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 377 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Cheddar Casserole Bread
"We found this to be bland and thought it tasted very similar to a bisquick mix. Probably won't make again."
"this is so good yummy yummy yummy it went perfectly well"
"My children loved it. It reminded me of a biscuit mix. I didn't have green onions to put in and no cheddar. I substituted velvetta for the cheddar."