Whether served on a brunch buffet or alongside a bowl of soup, one wedge of Marillyn Miner's rugged round loaf won't be enough. The baker from Santa Margarita. California only needs a few items to create this savory sensation that keeps guests asking for more.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, mayonnaise and egg. Stir into dry just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Casserole Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p37
Reviews for Cheddar Casserole Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review