- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, mayonnaise and egg. Stir into dry just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onions. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Casserole Bread
"We found this to be bland and thought it tasted very similar to a bisquick mix. Probably won't make again."
"this is so good yummy yummy yummy it went perfectly well"
"My children loved it. It reminded me of a biscuit mix. I didn't have green onions to put in and no cheddar. I substituted velvetta for the cheddar."