Cheddar Cabbage Casserole
The flavors really blend well in this casserole. The crunch of the cornflakes adds to the texture contrast.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toss the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle half into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spoon over top; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake
- mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.