- 2-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toss the cornflakes and butter; sprinkle half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Spoon over top; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Cabbage Casserole(4)
Sort By :
Great way to get children to eat cabbage because it's disguised
This was great! Wonderful surprise. The entire family asked for more!
What a wonderful surprise. I thought this might be good but was very good. Even my husband loved it and he does not like cabbage! Definitely a keeper.
This was wonderful. The fat content was very high but a recipe I will use occasionally. It got rave reviews at church lunch.