Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Every bite of these flaky biscuits get a little kick from cayenne pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. They're a nice accompaniment to soup and stew. Kimberley Nuttall, San Marco, California
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter. cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the cheese and toss. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1 in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 biscuits.
Originally published as Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p176
Reviews for Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2012
Very easy and delicious! Of course this is from a brickbat maker.
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
These biscuits are flavorful and surprisingly light. I served them with garlic butter, and that was the final touch - oh, so good!!
Tamara Chronister, Montrose, CO.