"I always like to try bruschetta when we're eating out at a restaurant to see how it compares to my recipe-- and I haven't found one that's better yet!" writes Vicki Thompson of Bristol, New Brunswick. "It's a hit when i serve it to company or take it to potlucks and other gatherings."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5
- minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread
- over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve
- warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 115 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now