Cheddar Bruschetta Recipe
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 slice: 115 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cheddar Bruschetta
"Love this recipe--I have made it several tiimes--it's an easy favorite!"
"Very good. I made them on the grill."
"I have made this many times for family and friends, and it always receives rave reviews. Definitely a family favorite!"
"This is delicious! Very different from traditional bruschetta, but everyone who tried it loved it."
"Eveyone who tries this loves it. It's so yummy."
"This was awesome! Our french bread went stale so we bought a loaf of frozen garlic bread, as it was late and they don't make fresh bread until the morning. We let the bread thaw out and cut it and did the rest. Turned out delicious!"
"I have been asked for this recipe countless times!!! it is a big hit at the office & at any other gathering that i attend. just wonderful :)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.