Cheddar Bruschetta Recipe
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 pieces (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 115 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cheddar Bruschetta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.