"I always like to try bruschetta when we're eating out at a restaurant to see how it compares to my recipe-- and I haven't found one that's better yet!" writes Vicki Thompson of Bristol, New Brunswick. "It's a hit when i serve it to company or take it to potlucks and other gatherings."
- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Bruschetta in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review