- 24 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar Bruschetta
"Love this recipe--I have made it several tiimes--it's an easy favorite!"
"Very good. I made them on the grill."
"I have made this many times for family and friends, and it always receives rave reviews. Definitely a family favorite!"
"This is delicious! Very different from traditional bruschetta, but everyone who tried it loved it."
"Eveyone who tries this loves it. It's so yummy."