- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, broccoli, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Broccoli Soup
"My family loved this recipe!"
"I made this last night and wasn't crazy about the flavor. I will be looking for a new recipe: one that uses chicken broth rather than beef broth. Couldn't get enough flavor to suit me."
"I made this, and we really didn't care for the flavor. Plus it didn't make very much... but honestly, after we tried it, we weren't that disappointed about the portion."
"Agree that this is very bland. Added things to give it more flavor, but just not as good as other broccoli soups I have had."
"this was OK, but I was very disappointed. I love broccoli soup, but this was not very good."