Frozen broccoli speeds preparation of Louise’s warm, satisfying Cheddar Broccoli Soup. —Louise Beatty, Amherst, New York
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, broccoli, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Broccoli Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p25
Reviews for Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review