Cheddar Broccoli Salad Recipe
I've received loads of compliments in this crunchy salad that is often on our Sunday dinner menu. It's also a great salad to take to a potluck. The flavors blend so nicely that we never tire of this good old standby recipe. -Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- 2. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 521 calories, 44 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC