Cheddar Broccoli Salad
I've received loads of compliments in this crunchy salad that is often on our Sunday dinner menu. It's also a great salad to take to a potluck. The flavors blend so nicely that we never tire of this good old standby recipe.
-Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese and onion. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 521 calories, 44 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.