- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Broccoli Salad
"I started making this salad when I found it in the 2004 Taste of Home cookbook. It is wonderful and I always get rave reviews. I never have leftovers."
"Soooooooo good! Served this to friends as a side to meatballs and mashed potatoes and it was excellent! My husband requests this often now!"
"Great recipe!!! New family favorite! We don't care for raw vegetables so we blanched the broccoli first then a cold ice bath."
"This is THE tastiest meal and so easy to prep the night before. It makes is easy for Sunday Suppers."
"I've been making this over and over for the last 7 years (since seeing it printed in Taste of Home) and everyone still asks me to make it for various gatherings. Tastes better and fresher than what is offered at the deli counter."
"I"ve made this recipe many times and my family always loves it! It's far better than similar salads that they sell in the deli. Buy the bagged broccoli florets to save time."
"This is a great recipe! It tastes alot like a deli salad I've had in the past, only in my opinion it has far more flavor. 5 Star Rating!"
"I never knew raw broccoli could taste so good. This salad has raves when I make it. I make it all the time now. But I believe that 2/3 cup sugar is to sweet, and especially when you double the recipe. I stick to about less than a cup when doubled. Its so awesome.ThanksIvana ManciniBrampton, Ont"