I've received loads of compliments in this crunchy salad that is often on our Sunday dinner menu. It's also a great salad to take to a potluck. The flavors blend so nicely that we never tire of this good old standby recipe. -Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Broccoli Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p33
Reviews for Cheddar Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review