This savory quiche is a snap to create with a convenient pastry shell crust and a can of broccoli and cheese soup. Pair it with fresh fruit at breakfast or lunch.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli and cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce oven setting to 350°. Sprinkle pastry shell with 1/2 cup cheese. In a large bowl, combine eggs, soup and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Broccoli Quiche in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p65
Reviews for Cheddar Broccoli Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review