Cheddar-Biscuit Peach Cobbler Recipe
Celebrate the last golden days of summer with fragrant peaches bubbling in sweet juices. Tender, savory biscuits top this luscious dessert. —Marie Oliphant Homer, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced or 8 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over peaches. Dot with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Combine milk and butter; stir into biscuit mixture just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 325 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC