Cheddar-Biscuit Peach Cobbler Recipe
Celebrate the last golden days of summer with fragrant peaches bubbling in sweet juices. Tender, savory biscuits top this luscious dessert. —Marie Oliphant Homer, Michigan
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced or 8 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over peaches. Dot with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Combine milk and butter; stir into biscuit mixture just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 325 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC