Cheddar Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cook and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans, 1/4 cup beef mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine salsa and soup; pour down the center of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake one casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5-6 enchiladas each).
Reviews for Cheddar Beef Enchiladas
Sort By :
This recipe in great! Not a big fan of refried beans, so we added black beans in the meat mixture. Something everyone liked and it made great leftovers!
Great twist on an old classic. We enjoyed them immensely. Definitely a keeper and love the quick and easy part!
These are quite tasty! They were easy to assemble, and it was great to be able to freeze a second dinner from the recipe. The frozen casserole cookked up just fine straight from the freezer, taking about 90 minutes. (I found this out by accident when I forgot to take it out the night before!)
My family loved these! I used some refried and some black beans since I had both in the fridge. I will make again and again!
Another great meal + one for the freezer recipe! My family gobbled these up. I omitted the beans but there was still plenty of rice & beef fillling. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >