Cheddar Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Cook and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans, 1/4 cup beef mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine salsa and soup; pour down the center of enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake one casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (5-6 enchiladas each).
Reviews for Cheddar Beef Enchiladas(7)
Sort By :
These are quite tasty! They were easy to assemble, and it was great to be able to freeze a second dinner from the recipe. The frozen casserole cookked up just fine straight from the freezer, taking about 90 minutes. (I found this out by accident when I forgot to take it out the night before!)
My family loved these! I used some refried and some black beans since I had both in the fridge. I will make again and again!
Another great meal + one for the freezer recipe! My family gobbled these up. I omitted the beans but there was still plenty of rice & beef fillling. Delicious!
This is the 3rd "freezer recipe" i've tried this week and thankfully it's another success! These were delicious and my family gobbled them up. I omitted the beans but there was still plenty of rice and beef filling. We loved them!
I have been making this close to 8 years. Everybody I make this for just loves it. It is so easy to do. I could easily make this twice a month and my hubby would be happy.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >