“These quesadillas are so tasty,” Grace Sandvigen raves from Rochester, New York. With beans, cheese and an assortment of toppings, they’re such a cinch to fix teenagers could whip them up themselves.
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- On two tortillas, spread refried beans to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese; top with chilies, onions, olives, remaining cheese and remaining tortillas.
- On a lightly greased griddle, cook quesadillas over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Bean Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p27
Reviews for Cheddar Bean Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2009
"This is so good and so easy. There is a lot in the filling so the second time I made it I cut down on the cheese. BTW, I used reduced fat sharp cheddar. A little salsa as a topping - it's great!"