Cheddar Bean Quesadillas
“These quesadillas are so tasty,” Grace Sandvigen raves from Rochester, New York. With beans, cheese and an assortment of toppings, they’re such a cinch to fix teenagers could whip them up themselves.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2/3 cup refried beans
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- On two tortillas, spread refried beans to within 1 in. of edges.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese; top with chilies, onions, olives,
- remaining cheese and remaining tortillas.
- On a lightly greased griddle, cook quesadillas over medium heat for
- 2-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese is melted. Cut
- into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.