Cheddar Basil Cauliflower
Fresh basil adds a unique flavor burst to this traditional side dish. Perfect for chillier days, the comforting recipe was shared by David Harper of Clackamas, Oregon.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and
- cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is
- tender, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and