Cheddar Basil Cauliflower Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups small fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Transfer to a small serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Cheddar Basil Cauliflower
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.